Our SHE Management System
Sable Chemicals Industries recognises that its operations have an impact on the health, safety of its employees and other persons as well as the environment. As a result we commit to the development and maintenance of SHE Management Systems for health, safety and environment namely OHSAS18001:2007; ISO 14001:2007 and ISO 9001:2007.
OUR SHE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Hazard Identification and Risk assessment (HIRA)
- Development of Generic and Operational procedures.
- Permit to work system.
- Business Management System (reviewed once after every two years or if there are any operational and organizational changes)
- Workplace Wellness Policy and Programs (Monitoring of Non Communicable Diseases, HIV, Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VCT) .)
- Occupational Health Center to cater for medical issues. (Annual Medical examinations like; Periodic, Pre-placement, Exit and Pre-employment.)
- Audits (done by internal trained auditors and external auditors SAZ and NSSA)
- Accident and Incident investigations.
- SHE training programs (awareness to affected communities along the railway line in case of a derailment, firefighting and emergency drills)
- Legal Compliance (EMA Licenses – Air quality, water quality, hazardous waste storage and importation, solid waste; radiation licenses and factory license) & health and safety legislation.
- Environmental Monitoring internally and externally (EMA)
- Licensing and inspection of radiation sources which is conducted by the Radiation Protection Authority of Zimbabwe (RPAZ)
- Industrial Hygiene Surveys
- Planned Inspections and Task Observations.
- Emergency preparedness Review.
All these components above have given Sable a safety culture.
We are now migrating to ISO 45001 from OHSAS 18001:2007 and our aim is to be certified by mid-2019.
Our MOTTO: Safety comes first, our safety our collective responsibility